Thursday, May 29, 2008


yesterday we did some bouldering in the morning. i tried the egg and a few other things but my skin felt thin and the bouldering hurt.

later in the day i went back to the "inn on the water" and officially got the job. they will schedule me according to my climbing. i get free internet, laundry and a bed, pretty nice.

yesterday, late afternoon, mike and i hiked back to "alaska highway". this time i freed the 5.11d pitch with no falls. i wanted to keep climbing the entire route but after bouldering all morning, we decided to rap off the top of the second pitch. the last three photos are of mike following the 5.11d pitch and me, psyched to be at the anchor. the climb includes awkward hand jams, three large roofs and two difficult chimneys.


the top picture is me trying "defender of the faith".

1 comment:

Happenings of the Harrison Family said...

Joel, I like your "happy face!" Very nice (cue Borat voice!)