Sunday, February 4, 2007

February 4, 2007

Today is sad, as I dropped Rich off at the airport to head home to Vancouver. Rich had an incredible past week, dispaching many double digit boulder problems. Watching Rich send has been a great inspiration to me to try my absolute hardest.

A few days ago we carried our friend Courtney off North Mountain in a stretcher after falling from a boulder with an uneven landing. She showed little pain and was so tough that I could not beleive it when X-rays revealed an ankle broken in three places! I felt so bad for her and hope the recovery goes well.

Our friends Lynn and Chris showed up two days ago from Minnesota and I am motivated to show them around the mountain.

Yesterday I finally started to flow well on the rock and I dispatched some great problems that eluded me last year. Lets hope this signals the start of more good climbing to come.

Last but not least the weather is PERFECT!


1 comment:

elissa said...

glad to hear the weather has improved. have someone take a pic of you!!

miss you-
elissa