Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bouldering in Bishop is done







I split my index finger open yesterday on "Evilution". I have never split a tip this bad. I was having such a great day. I did the crux on "Center Direct" and almost sent, then tried "Mandala", "La Bellet", and last "Evilution". "Evilution is so cool, I made it to the second to last hold right away but I could feel pain in my finger and noticed blood on every hold. When I looked at my finger I realized my time bouldering in the Buttermilks was over.

I am going to Crested Butte today to visit my friend Katie. This weekend I will meet up with friends from Minnesota for some sport climbing in Spearfish Canyon, SD before coming back to Minneapolis.

The tall boulder in the photos is "Jedi Mind Tricks".

1 comment:

c said...

hey joel, i cant believe you were in CA climbing!! im sooo jealous! i had to write because jedi is a project for me in bishop and i just wanted to give u props (although it is way easier than your usual climbing level..) also, congrats on midnight lightning; the pics are so awesome!!! anyway, hope everything is going well, if you are still climbing...hope your travels home go/went well. maybe squamish in august?