Tuesday, March 20, 2007



















I am in Yosemite Valley.

Yesterday I climbed Midnight Lightning. The climb took much work. I made it to the last move and fell around 14 times before changing my beta and completing the boulder problem.

My friends Wade and Adam are here. We have mostly been bouldering however the first day I arrived Wade and I climbed two pitches up El Capitan. Adam and I climbed a 400' route called Serenity Crack and Wade took the photos. I lead all pitches (5.10d, a 5.10c and another 5.10d). On the last pitch there are no feet for the final 25' and protection is hard to place. My last piece in the crux fell out and I literally ran it out to the top. To make it more interesting a party of three people were on top watching me thrutch my way to the top facing a potential 40' fall onto a small cam. The ratings here are stiff.

I am waiting to hear back about getting a job. I applied first thing on last Monday. Either way I am staying in the valley for a while.



2 comments:

JP Williams said...

Joel, be sure you do Crest Jewel on North Dome. The approach is alright, the walk off doesn't get any better. It'll make your footwork amazing, trust me. (it's all bolts with one green alien)

you also need to get on Generator Crack and/or Killer Pillar! jonathan

Joel Anderson said...

yo dude, come out here and i'll cimb them w/ you. right now i am in bishop. there is a bouldering / golf festival here next weakend that danielle's boyfriend EZ is organizing-should be fun. how's school?

thanks for the advice. i wish you and ben were here to do some routes.

joel